Friday, September 9, 2016

Another Perseids Picture

I had two cameras set up to catch the Perseids. I posted the results from my Canon 6D last week and here is what I got on my Canon 60D.

Again, this combines the meteors captures in many photos taken over the course of a few hours. I have to pic out the photos with good meteors, open them as layers in Photoshop, choose one as the bas photo, individually align the stars in each photo to the base photo and then use a reverse mask to reveal the meteors. It took about three hours to take all the pictures then at least another three hours to produce the final image so this is not quick!


3 comments:

  1. Did you use a fisheye lens? Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I appreciate all the work to put in to get the fantastic pictures you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was a Sigma 10mm diagnonal fisheye lens. The first one I posted was a standard 14mm lens which still has a very wide field of view on a full frame camera.

    ReplyDelete