Thursday, October 26, 2017

That last rose of summer

Dan picks me a rose regularly. Looks like this is it for the SC roses. No frost yet, but, our roses are no longer budding. Soon, we pack up the car and head home. Funny, every place we have is home. I’ve been gone from WI for nearly 20 years. While I have friends and family there, it no longer seems like home to me. Things change in your life and you find a new norm for living. I have so many friends in Florida. When we get back, I will hit the ground running. We have a group coming for Thanksgiving, lunches set up, and Christmas to get ready for.... where does the time go?

9 comments:

  1. I like Red Roses too. Johnny Mathis sings a GREAT song about Red Roses. BTW, I LOVE Chianti Wine also. It's terribly hard to find In the Basket Woven bottles. I wanted to write you about the WONDERFUL Dachshund little ceramic wrap arounds for wine bottles at Sur Le Table online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beejay, Darn, I was wrong. The song Is " Yellow Roses on her Gown " You MUST find It on the net, and listen, It's so beautiful, and certainly from when we were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to have to check those both out, Toad. I love Johnny Mathis. Oh, those beautiful songs......

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to be busy and have lots on your agenda. Gives you reason to keep getting up and getting moving. Speaking of getting moving, I'm nursing a black and blue swollen knee. I ran into a bully of a water spill on a polished cement/fake terrazzo floor. 'Fraid it got the best of that fight. Nice to know I can still fly like Superman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, kk, hope you aren’t too sore. Those types of spills can really injure us physically. You be careful.

      Delete
  5. OH NO MR. BILL. That hurts, LOTS. Poor baby. Just drink more wine, and put a bag of frozen corn, or peas on the bad knee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been icing the knee for days. I noticed that my elbow took a bit of the hit, too. Those type of spills can injure us mentally and emotionally, too.... doh! Rather embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KK, Your right. For a person of High School age like you, to fall Is quite unusual. BTW. I have discovered Frozen corn In the big bag lasts a LONG time, and actually can be used over, and over. Just remember to only serve It to people you don't care for too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may "hang out" with high schoolers most days, but my own high school days have long passed by. :)

    ReplyDelete