Monday, November 13, 2017

Probably our last Groundhog sighting in SC

We were at the library here in Walhalla the other day when we sighted this little chubby rascal. The one we had on our property disappeared several months ago (and vultures appeared...sniff, sniff). We put up game cams, but so far all we see is deer...many, many deer. One eight point buck. We used to have wild pig, but I guess the poachers got those. Just as well, they can be mean. Here's a picture of our latest deer convention!
We are off to Florida on Thursday for the winter. Getting pretty dank here for me. You may or may not see me on here for a few days. Much to do to get this place ready for our departure. Having two complete homes is not all fun and games, trust me. See you in the Club House once I get settled down there! In case it's later rather than sooner, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a city gal. I have a bold squirrel who sits on my picture window ledge and looks inside. He doesn't even flinch when I tap on the window. We have some of that nasty white stuff falling outside right now. grrrr.

    I'd be nervous venturing outside with a wild pig on the loose! I'd stay my distance from your chubby friend, too. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our chubby friend takes off if he hears anything. Wild pig you should avoid. They can be mean! Everything else runs from you. Yes, even snakes, although I didn’t see even one this year.

    Squirrels. Well, we are one shy since Dan wanted to scare it with his pellet gun. Shot it through the head....Dan was devastated. Yep, he’s a real deadeye with that gun.

    ReplyDelete