Saturday, March 17, 2018

Weekend Thoughts



Can I just say that I love our website? 

An old blog I posted a many years back on our former site popped up on Facebook. It was from a different era. I followed the link to reminisce, which was a dead end, as all traces of my posts have been removed (of course.) We did have some extreme fun in our day, there.....  I quickly scanned the current dialog on the website. It was so negative, doom and gloom, political bashing, Racine hating, and sadly, extremely depressing.

I know our numbers are down, which is okay. We no longer experience the Racine fray that once came looking. I never wanted fame; in fact, much of the looky-loo with no comments or input was rather disconcerting. We've also lost a few good friends to the good earth, and I still miss them dearly and daily. What we have is solid. We've built friendships that have weathered the storms. We have a place to go for comfort, for laughs, for companionship. We have long time ties that bond and I am thankful for that.

5 comments:

  1. This place is so much more positive without the nasties.
    I know I don't stop in much or post, and I am one of those lurkers..
    I have a dog forum. Have had it for 10 or so years.. we have gone from over 500 active members to just about 5 now. Sad, but I know those 5 people are there for a reason. They have a connection, and we have private boards where they can talk without it being scanned and public. Yes, we pay for this, but privacy is a big concern, so we provide that.
    Some people don't mind ( or don't care) if whatever they say is published forever.. Some do.. FB kinda killed any privacy IMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of you as a lurker. I'm always happy to see posts from you, MinnesotaChick!

    The "lurkers" referred to our former site and those who visited every day, clicked, and read every comment, scanned our personal profiles, yet never participated, and never left a comment. I always questioned their motives and their level of interest in us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I’ve been MIA lately. I keep trying to get back in the groove, but the events in my life during the last month have left me emotionally drained. I will be back. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are a small bunch, but I cannot have found better friends to share thoughts with. Only a few people I hold dear, never post here, but so It Is. They still occupy my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we do miss some of our friends here. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete