Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Where Has the Summer Gone?


Summer vacation is wrapping up. I did work one week to meet the incoming new students. Looks like a good group of kids. Last night was  spent meeting some of the parents at orientation. It is a strange work situation to just stop being employed for a few months... (don't get me wrong, the break is nice, and definitely needed to refresh and regroup)  Heading back always brings anticipation, excitement and anxiety, though, just trying to get back into the swing of things. You have to get your game face ready or they'll chew you to pieces.

3 comments:

  1. I also have a new computer. Went from Mac back to Windows. I've switched back and forth before. It is a challenge. They keep getting closer and closer, but everything is just a tweak different, located somewhere hidden, and called something else. This baby is sleek and fasssst. The fan on my old one sounded like it was in respiratory failure. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to replace my computer in FL. It still is stuck with MSI thingythat hangs it up every time I start it up. I tried getting rid of that upgrade to no avail. Hate the idea of having to transfer all my files. It is never painless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My file transfer went somewhat smoothly. I used a stick drive and also did a double backup to my google drive, just in case.

    It is always a pain to set things up, especially when it is a different operating system. Things still aren't exactly the way I want them to be. Having trouble keeping it from going to sleep, despite lengthening the sleep times. It is a bit narcoleptic, lol. The computer returns to the password screen, which is safe, but entering the password so many times is annoying. I'll figure it out, yet....

    ReplyDelete