Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I Am Back With A Picture...

I have not blogged in a while but have been watching and lurking. Finally trying to reconnect a little.

I took a bunch of pictures of the Perseids a few weeks ago. I finally sat down for a few hours to hack my way through how to combine them in Photoshop into one image showing a bunch of meteors. Here is the result.

You can see most of the meteors appear to come from one area of the sky if you trace them backwards. That is Perseus of course, where all the Perseid meteors appear to come from. There is one oddball that doesn't line up. I double checked it to be sure I didn't mess up processing the image and it appears to be a sporadic meteor...those happen.

I shot with two cameras that night so I now have to work on the pics from the other one and am looking forward to future meteor showers now that I know how to do this!

5 comments:

  1. First, let me say how happy I am to see you. Yea! We've greatly missed your input.

    This is such a cool picture! Love it! I have attempted to go out and try to view when I catch the news that the viewing should be good. We live in such a light polluted area, it is really frustrating. I usually go back inside disappointed, and feel lucky if I can catch one minor streak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was overcast and cloudy here those nights. Just have to say, I enjoy your pictures and I want to live where you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, it really didn't look like that...that is the composite of pictures taken over the course of a couple of hours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that. It's been cloudy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that. It's been cloudy here too.

    ReplyDelete