Friday, December 9, 2016

Pets and our Christmas Decorations

My decorations have remained where I put them. Funny, Sable loves to commit stufficide on her stuffed toys, however, has never touched one of my bears or Father Christmas Figurines. When I first put them out, she checks them out, but that's the end of it. My Mom lived with us for several years with her Siamese cats. The one would hide under the tree. The other ignored it totally. She did, however, tell a story about when my brother was a baby. Thinking it would prevent a toppling tree, she put the tree in the playpen. My grandpa lived with them. Her cat hit the tree, knocking it over onto poor grandpa! Oh dear....poor grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. Taking a coffee break and mental break.

    My first year of having a tree of my own meant I had accumulated very few ornaments. I bought a box of candy canes and distributed them all over the tree to fill in the empty spaces. One evening, after work, I lit up the tree and thought, boy... it looks so bare. Then, I realized that EVERY candy cane, including the ones at the top were GONE, cellophane and all. Made me wonder how many days the shenanigans took place. My dog never revealed her minty fresh breath. I still can't figure out how the tree didn't topple over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture of Suzie SITTING on my tree while I was trying to put it up. If I could only figure out (and remember) how to post pics here

    ReplyDelete