Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My journey continues

Today, for the first time in years, I had lunch with a group of 12 women.  I have avoided these functions because of my hearing issues.  It went okay...not great, but definitely okay.  I was upfront with my hearing issues.  Yes, I missed stuff, but they were forewarned.  I think I'm going to ask my audiologist, but I think if I expose myself to these settings, it will help in the brain adjustments that go along with this implant.  So it continues.....

2 comments:

  1. You are very brave, and a pioneer in learning for others. Proud of you. The hearing aids you mentioned, which work with the implant... do you think those would have improved the outcome of your experience in this setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. Being able to adjust the volume of the left would have helped tremendously. It's like being off balance. Too loud is as bad as not loud enough. A very fine line we walk with this artificial hearing.

      Delete