Thursday, May 26, 2016

New Above Ground "Subway" to Debut in China

 

Have you seen this? New transportation set to roll out in China in the second half of this year. The main innovation of this "straddling bus" is that it runs above cars and under overpasses. 

The TEB has the same functions as the subway, while the cost of construction is less than one fifth of building the infrastructure of a subway, according to the engineer in charge of the project. Construction is quicker and easier and can be finished in one year. It is predicted that it could reduce traffic congestion in large, congested cities by as much as 30 per cent.

Personally, I would freak out if it came up from behind and rolled over the top of me!


2 comments:

  1. I just saw this.. I agree. I would freak out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you had a high profile vehicle? There must be certain lanes that have a height limit? Not for me.... yikes.

    ReplyDelete